Wednesday, March 18, 2009

New Car

There we were walking towards our destination. The fence was in my way and I couldn't see what was on the other side. The anticipation was killing me. Each step closer meant a second less to wait. Then finally after the 8 massive strides I took, it was there right in front of me. The ex-owner was still polishing it and giving it a final clean.

It stood before me glistening in the sun. A gold'ish colour with spotless black interiors. I found myself with a very sheepish grin as I zoned out of my dream world and saw myself in the reflection. I immediately hid my grin and acted like there was never a sheepish grin and the immense satisfaction of getting a new car.

Then the introductions were over and all the nitty gritty details sorted out, the keys were handed over in exchange for the cheque and it is now ours! I got to drive it home, got used to the snazzy features, rear sensors, cruise control, power stearing and the works. My favourite are the rear sensors... Parallel parking here I come!

This is finally the third car for our family, so it now officially means I have a car of my own! It doesn't make a huge difference since I almost always have some car to use whatever time of the day it may be, but still knowing that there is no doubt and one is officially mine is a great feeling! YAY!

1 comment:

Priya said...

new car and all! Rocking! :D