Sunday, March 8, 2009

Happy Women's Day

Happy Women's day to one and all (females only!).

So here we are on the day to honour the empowerment of women and their wonderful contributions to society. I received a message from one of my friends today which made me think, YAY, finally a male who respects and realises the importance of women (he has a sister and is very close to his mum so that really does explain a lot)! There are many women who have proved themselves and really left a lasting impression for everyone.

Mother Teresa, Marie Curie, Shakuntala Devi, Kiran Bedi, Kasturi Bhai Gandhi etc etc etc... The list can go on and on! Even the supporting forces behind inspirational men are women whether it be a grandmother, mother, wife or daughter. Women are amazing people and are required in the home as well as the society. Although they are considered extremely emotional they have a real head on their shoulders and can step up their game when required and almost always rise to the occasion.

Now let's talk about people who make a world of a difference in our lives, Mothers! They are endless support for us their children in more ways than we can ever comprehend. Mothers are definitely the biggest inspiration for the children and I am sure as we grow older we want to be as strong, supportive and inspirational to all others around us. For me my inspirations in life have always been my grandma, aunts and of course my mum! Love them all a lot and I really hope people realise the importance of women (men and women both).

Disclaimer (once again): This applies to the majority because after all not everyone and everything can always be perfect!

2 comments:

Random Access said...

I am not a big follower of these days.. What women want is a puzzle, but what women do is just awesome.. Women are meant to be respected every day.. There aint a man without a woman.

Random Access
The search has just begun !!!

PreethZzZ said...

:-D