Thursday, March 19, 2009

The Ghajini in Me

I have a short term memory loss problem which I have identified by myself. Actually I am sure the STML problem is faced by many of my peers. Hmmmm... Wait what was I writing??? ;-) Hehehe ok ok It hasn't gotten that bad yet! My friend was serving us Dinner the night before and ate only at the very end. Next morning he finished having breakfast with us and then I asked him why aren't you eating? Why don't you eat instead of serving us all the time. He looked at me in total shock wondering what was wrong with me and said remember, I just finished having breakfast with you.

The situation is absolutely crazy, I remember things that happened ions ago but don't remember things that just happened yesterday or even a few hours, minutes or seconds ago. I remember many episodes from my childhood and remember them as if they just happened yesterday. But ask me to tell you what happened yesterday and most likely I would not remember or at least not to such a great clarity. Although I think if you ask me 20 years down the line what happened on 18th March 2009 I would be able to tell you! ;-)

My solution to this was not influenced by the movie Ghajini as I started doing this much before the movie was released. I also take pictures believe it or not, to remind me of events and people and things that happened. I just absolutely love looking at the pictures and taking a walk down memory lane. Each time I look at the pictures, the details get clearer and clearer, it really does help!

So people if I forget you, or your name after having met you yesterday or a few hours ago, never fear because I am sure to remember you 10 years down the track as long with or without a picture! ;-)

2 comments:

Random Access said...

I hope u took my pic when u were here... :P

Random Access
The search has just begun !!!

Priya said...

I am facing a similar problem.. I call my friend speak for 2 mins and then ask "Did we fight the last time we spoke? Am I supposed to be angry with u?" :D