Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Double Dip!

No I am not talking about the usual double dipping (having a cracker with dip for example and dipping the same side in after taking a bite). I am talking about my phone. What you ask?

Yes my phone that's right. Two Saturdays in a row I have managed to drop my phone into some sort of water body. The first Saturday it fell into the wash basin, while the water was running and had a very thorough wash.

The last Saturday, the Saturday that just passed we went hiking. It was all great and fun. Then to add to the fun and merriment we went to take pictures posing on some rocks in the middle of the creek. Then we hard a "plop" sound. Down in the water fell my phone. Most of us didn't guess what had happened.

Then as a joke my uncle said, its probably her phone. Then we looked down and found out, it was my phone was sure! Haha... Others wont usually find this amusing having lost their phone, contacts, messages and everything but oh well! It was funny and the phone is starting to outlive its life.

I thought oh well, it recovered last time and so it will this time as well. But hmmmm I was wrong! Despite basking in sunlight, being thoroughly blow dryed and any other drying methods possible (apart from the oven, which my uncle suggested) it is still broken. So it is very safe to say bubye to my old phone and hello to a new one! ;-)

You can say that I literally "thanni thalichified my phone!" [a term used to describe disowning usually a family member & it comes because of the pouring of water to signify it] LOL!

If this ever happens to you, stay tuned for survival tips on how to recover your phone from any such calamity!

4 comments:

Kryptonite said...

elos! :D
I dropped my mp3 player into the water couple of months ago.
I went to the sony kadai to get it fixed and the mech guy was like the cost of a new player will be lesser than the fixing cost!!
Its the same with phones....yay for your new phone!!
:D

Subramanian Ramachandran said...

haha u write almost well...... why only almost coz...certain things that are better left unexplained, u take care to explain those things (like thanni thelichufied, double dip etc.,)

came here from prithz blog and nice to know one more having the same name :) Good going :)

dakaltiz said...

first time here.... this one was funny... surprising it wrked the first time...just curios wat model it is ;)

PreethZzZ said...

lavanya: haha.. yeh... well actually wit the phone... if it hadnt gone through soooo much damage it wld have been cheaper to fix it... but because of insurance its a different matter... and my phone was a complete written off case... i swear the ppl who said they will fix it, damaged it more as well, cos they were coming up with all these new faults! lol.. ;)

rsubras: lol thx... the reason i explain it is because... if they dont know the meaning they dont have to go searching for it.. many frnds of mine r northies... they r not going to understand thanni thalichified... and the double dipping... i thot i'd be safer explaining it cos it can have an alternate meaning.. lol...

dakaltiz: glad you visited! :) it was a nokia 6280... next post will be abt how to recover phones in case of such a calamity! ;)