Thursday, April 16, 2009

What's in a name?

I have been wondering for a while now whether the name choses the person or the person grows into their name?

As far as I have seen almost everybody seems to reflect the meaning of their name in their personality, interests, looks or whatever else. I was having a conversation with a group of people the other day and they all seemed to agree that usually the name reflects the person.

Some people you can look at and immediately realise what their name is, so perhaps the name choses the person and it is just meant to be. Or do we know the meaning of our name and get so used to it and start acting or changing ourselves to reflect our name? I really wonder!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You should read a post with a similar headline on my blog. I am too lazy to paste that link here. So please feel free to go through that trouble yourself. Answers to what you wonder about in that.