Sunday, August 31, 2008

Math Genius in Me!

Studying triggered an old memory of mine. When I was about 6/7 or so I remember I was just learning about the word Algebra. I absolutely love Maths and its one of my favourite subject till date (probably because I am not doing it anymore).

We were at our family friend's place for Thyagaraja Aradhana practice with my mum. The practice for the songs I was singing finished so I decided to go and talk to the Anna(who at that stage was in 3rd year Engineering). I went to his room and this is how the events unfolded.

He was sitting and doing his Maths. Me being me who loves Maths went and asked him whether I can try doing it as well. He said sure and gave me his book. I looked at the sums they all had a's and b's and squares and fancy fancy symbols. I luckily knew what the symbols meant (as it had just primitive addition, subtraction, multiplication and division symbols) and told him. Don't worry I can easily solve it. Just tell me what 'a' and 'b' are. He had a hearty laugh and told me, "If only I knew!"

7 comments:

cm chap said...

Hmm... you are a genius. I wouldnt have even attempted it.

Even today in business meetings, when they mention any number (say 1 billion) I count with my fingers for the number of zeros

Random Access said...

But you are a genious to know the word "Algebra" when you were 10 months old (6/7)!

Random Access
The search has just begun !!!

PreethZzZ said...

cm-chap: hahaha...thts brilliant... at least its only the number of zeros and not the actual number! LOL! but good on ya for being persistent... hahaha...

RA: lol... indaa nakkal danaae vendaam... :P 6 or 7 yrs old... lol.. i wish!!! i wonder if i cld even speak then... btw welcome back... see i;ve gotten rid of the word verification just for ur sake!!

Random Access said...

How thoughtful of you :) Its definitely an added advantage to visit yours more regularly! You should spread the word around and get people to remove this crap, to entertain more crap :)

"Delete" irukka bayam yen?

And yeah, just scanning through the little angels' blogs as well. I am glad they are back!

Random Access
The search has just begun !!!

Compassion Unlimitted said...

You have made maths very simple..lol
finally what happened to the homework..Did the dad complete it !!
TC
CU

Anonymous said...

hehehe! so cute :)

Subs said...

He he he he..its like Algebra has thrived for years and still "x" is unknown.Creative post:)