Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Chocolate Theory!

Who in the world does not love chocolates? I have found a way to optimise the taste of already decadent chocolate!!! This probably is a fact chocolatiers have known for ages but anyway I am not sure so I am writing it down as my theory.

The taste of chocolate is better when it is in 2 different ways:
  • In a round ball or basic spherical shape - The theory to go with this is because it fits the contours of your mouth perfectly and just melts in your mouth. Also the ball revolves in your mouth and melts evenly onto your tongue, letting all the tastebuds have a heavenly treat!

  • In flake form as shown below like the popular cadbury flake. - The theory to go with this is that the pieces are thin even if they are packed together. They easily break apart and the individual flakes break apart into your mouth and just melt away!

Send me your comments and let me know if you try the different options and whether you prefer these to the usual blocks of chocolates.

7 comments:

Compassion Unlimitted said...

Well chocolate in any form is wonderful..I like it in a molten or liquid form..It goes with anything..try a simple toasted bread with it..its still great...just anything goes with it
The darker ones are my preferance though !!
TC
CU

Nals own said...

What a sweet blog ;) Well, Preethzzz, I don't think I am even allowed to express my feelings here. I am one of those uncommon souls that is not interested in chocolates :( So, I am in no position to answer your questions, I am sorry. Hey, why don't you blog on some tasty savory for me? Yum .....

Jeevan said...

I like chocolates and it doesn't matter any form, little crunchy is also fine :)

PreethZzZ said...

CU: I agree chocolate is the most wonderful thing in the world!!! I forgot to mention melted chocolate... But I guess I was talking about shapes... so that's the excuse! ;) LOL!

NalsOwn: hahaha thx.. wow someone who doesn't like chocolate!!! oh well... when there is some... more for me! ;) hahaha... savoury is not exactly my genre as u wld very well knw... but i will try.. lol..

jeevan: i definitely agree... tho in different forms the taste is just that little bit better... and mmmm smooth!!!

Subs said...

I like the big chunky ones that are even very difficult to hold.What say?

I think the cuboid shaped(like Cadbury's) are fine too.

PreethZzZ said...

subs: hmmmm i agree... lol... wht kinda stuff is avail in india?? my god the besst i've tasted is chocolate in ooty!! amazing stuff... YUM!!!! 'cuboid shaped... lol... i'll bring u some kit kat chunkys wen we come there...they are big and chunky just like u like it!!! and oh sooo delicious... i'll also get u some round ones and u can taste the difference... ;) hehehe...

Anonymous said...

Flake facts according to wikipedia

"The product was first developed in 1920 and was founded by an employee of Cadburys. When the excess from the moulds was drained off, it fell off in a stream and created folded chocolate with flaking properties. "

Info about taste buds
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taste_bud

yea..why don't chocolate and other
sweet makers reasearch this stuff
and design their stuff accordingly!

c'mon preethz you could be the chocolate einstein!