Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Aaaarrrggghhh Facebook!

Facebook totally freaks me out.

Why you ask? Well its because your friends would appear on your list one day and then totally disappear the next. Then when you think they are totally gone, they are back. Today I was using a facebook application to buy friends and then all of a sudden there was a friends name, with no picture. I was rather confused, who was this friend who suddenly appears in my own friends list? Then I clicked on it to find that it was a friend who was back on facebook after almost 50 years. Well alright 5 months would be more accurate, still a long time though.

I agree its a good idea to be able to deactivate and reactivate your account. But perhaps some notification should be sent to your friends to let them know about their disappearing act. I know for one of my friends they wanted to delete a certain person so they looked for them in their list and they weren't there, so obviously the person was not there. Only then did they find out later that this person was using this feature of facebook to stalk this person, ever so secretively! Then luckily when both the parties were online she was able to delete and block this person.

Also another odd thing with these social networking sites. I think of features which would make them better and somehow the next day itself they are there on the sites in full functionality just as I wanted them. ***sigh*** If only my wishes in life would be granted the same way as my wishes for social networking sites.

7 comments:

Vinesh said...

Wow - it's that bad? Is Facebook in Beta?

PreethZzZ said...

well its a tad crazy to put it lightly... well if i am not wrong i have you on my facebook?!?! i have a vinesh and do not know any other vinesh's.. so its gotta be you!

cm chap said...

Ha Ha.. Playg Hide & Seek with ur SNS is it....

PreethZzZ said...

SNS?? Haha not me but others surely are!!!

cm chap said...

SNS - Social Networking Site

cutefreaky said...

I'm sure it is happening only to you..

you can perhaps start sending the message " en saar indha kodumai ellam enakku mattum nadakkudu" ...

FB reply : you have way too many people flirting for you and so we had to control the traffic load ;-)by disabling your account ..lol
tata
sukku

PreethZzZ said...

CM-CHAP: oh right.. lol..

sukku: rhombavae overu... too much nakkals ma! :p